***My colleague and other USC Admission Counselor, Vivika Demel, is really a USC Alum. We simply recently unearthed that she happened to be admitted into the spring semester at USC. She was gracious sufficient to share with you her personal experience on the guest blog that is following. Continue reading for the inside appearance into what it’s like as a spring admitted student.***
As a previous springtime acknowledge, we am aware the confusion lots of you may be experiencing now. We remember receiving my envelope that is big my acceptance page from USC, then realizing I had been admitted for the spring.
‘ What does spring admission mean?, also’
I thought, ‘Why me? Does it suggest we had not been good enough for fall?’ we invest a few phone phone calls to the Admission Office and many thanks to a couple helpful admission counselors and students, we soon had my concerns answered. We made the decision to accept USC’s spring offer. In retrospect, there were advantages to searching for the springtime, and We liked my Trojan experience.
Here are 5 things that helped me realize my offer of admission to spring semester:
- Being admitted for spring does NOT imply that USC does not desire you! Pay attention to the Admit element of Spring Admit. We want you! We’re just unable to accommodate most of the learning students we want for the autumn semester, but we still want you being a person in the Trojan Family.
- You may be involved at USC in the fall. Spring admits can buy tickets for home soccer games and sit in the learning pupil section. Planning to games permitted me to fulfill other pupils and experience the Spirit of Troy. In addition, students can live near campus and just simply take classes at neighborhood colleges, enabling you to relate to other Trojans into the fall.
- You’ve got numerous different choices for your fall semester. Students can enlist at a grouped community university, study at the American University of Paris (I want that this choice ended up being available whenever I had been a spring acknowledge), travel or work, or do so more. The opportunities are endless, and the luxury is had by you to select whatever is most beneficial for you personally.
- You’ll nevertheless graduate on time. Students who just take classes at community university are often able to graduate with their other Trojans whom began within the fall. We actually took five General Education courses within the fall, and managed to double major and minor at USC and graduate on time still.
- You will still have A usc that is authentic experience. Irrespective of once they start, our students get to see USC life to its fullest. You are able to nevertheless be associated with our activities, occasions, classes, and businesses. Moreover, we guarantee housing for the spring admits and try to pair spring admits together to make sure a shared smooth transition.
To sum it up, you shouldn’t be scared or stressed about your springtime admission. You’re an associate of the Trojan Family with endless options and possibilities available.
For those who have some other concerns, please feel absolve to contact the workplace of Admission or your admission therapist.
Get Oriented With USC
May 1st is here. You’re committed. We are therefore excited. You are relieved. HOORAY! Time for the step that is next.
Subscribe to USC Orientation!
USC Orientation Programs helps re-confirm the commitment you might have made by today; the May 1st Commitment Deadline. On the practical side it’s important since you’ll have the ability to create your classes, discover where things take campus, and get situated. However, you will also arrive at your campus and work out new friends, also future BFF’s. You will learn the fight song. You are going to finally have the hang of sickness the ‘V for Victory’ sign. (if you do not was raised in one single of those families who knew how to complete this before learning just how to hold a bottle, as an infant) All things that are exciting!
Lots of our personnel are Trojan alums and had Orientation fairly current sufficient to keep in mind their experiences. Read their quotes below because they reminisce about their very memories that are first a Trojan during their orientation.
‘USC Orientation was pretty awesome. My OA was an unbelievable resource and gave a lot of great advice about life being a USC pupil. Also, I met a few of my future sorority sisters at Orientation. Definitely memories that we shall constantly cherish.’
-Jessica Frey, Class of 2013
‘ The best part of Orientation was the Spirit Rally! Hearing the musical organization play, learning all the traditions, and being surrounded by my fellow Trojans was a memory we won’t forget for a long period.’
-Neelam Savla, Class of 2012
‘To be honest, it’s hard for me to keep in mind my orientation. Partially I need to start some memory exercises) because I graduated from USC in 2011 and my orientation was in 2007(. What I really do remember was during Welcome Week and the start of USC, we didn’t feel lost or I belonged like I didn’t know where. I think that’s a reflection of my Orientation experience and exactly just how it prepared me to step on campus into the feel and fall at ease. One memory that stands away and it is clear from my orientation ended up being registering for classes. My scholastic consultant during the time, who ended up being one of my bosses as I started employed in the division later on, aided me through it all therefore that whenever we walked out from the office, we felt absolutely nothing but worked up about starting school, the classes I happened to be using being a Trojan.’
-Kendall Williams, Class of 2011
‘ My memory that is fondest of Orientation was going down the road with a couple of new acquaintances and going to Del Taco for a midday snack. We met some students that became a number of my friends that are first USC. It was also my first—and last—trip to Del Taco. (Go eat some Chano’s instead).’
-Eric Gebert, course of 2010
‘ From the band to your battle track to the therefore Cal Spell Out, I adored learning about Trojan Traditions.’
-Bryan Hudson, course of 2013
‘we remember consuming into the dining halls for the very first time with my most readily useful friend and realizing, after 3 delicious slices of pie, that the freshman 15 will be very, very genuine.’
-Tyler-Rose Veguez, Class of 2012
‘i went to Orientation 4 times (well, 4 summers) once as an incoming freshman and three times as a learning pupil staff user. It was always great to see individuals get from knowing no anyone to locating best buddies for the reason that brief two-day timespan. They could be friends you keep forever or friends only for the few times you’re on campus, but in any event, they help you know that you will find great individuals at USC and you can find your niche when you move in.’
-Noel Viramontes, course of 2009
‘Orientation had been the moment every thing really clicked. I finally had the opportunity to sit down and talk with maybe not only current shmoop.pro USC pupils, but my very own freshman classmates in depth. We still had much in common though we might have come from different parts of the world and had different majors. These unique and fascinating people made me excited to live, learn, and develop at USC the next four years.’
-Clay Busia, Class of 2013
IMPORTANT NOTE: it doesn’t matter exactly what orientation session you subscribe for. You should have the access that is same the classes you’ll need if you attend the earlier or later sessions.
A lot of you have actually already signed up and reserved a spot for orientation. Amazing! Until your session, feel free to explore the USC Orientation Programs website. If you are wanting to find more information about pupil groups and companies on campus, go directly to the USC scholar Affairs website. Your time and effort as a Trojan will be here before you realize it!
Hey Trojans that is current and, do you remember any enjoyable memories you had at Orientation?